Friday, January 15, 2010

Untitled

Leave it to Facebook to always keep me updated on people from high school, soccer, college, and now. I hear about engagements, babies, pregnancies, break-ups, hook-ups... it all. Unfortunately, with the happenings in Haiti, I learned today that a girl, Molly Hightower, a graduate two years behind me at Bellarmine Prep, passed away when her building collapsed during the 7.0 earthquake. I can't say that I knew her well, but it still breaks my heart to read her story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34879803/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake/

Its at times like these when are world is hit with natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and much more that we ask the question: "Why would God allow this to happen?" I don't question God at all as I believe He knows the bigger picture better than any of us do. Yes, because I am not perfect and a sinner myself, I do wonder why this happens. But when it all comes down to life, we must live our life by faith. Faith in God will always win.

My prayer today "Dear Heavenly Father, my heart goes out to the Hightower family, and all families, friends, and loved ones affected by this earthquake. Please place a healing hand on those injured both physically, emotionally, and mentally. Let us always have faith in you. Amen"

No comments: