Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ellie and Me

5 Weeks ago... I decided I needed a companion. I have wanted a dog FOREVER! A big dog, who will come to practice with me, run with me, cuddle with me, and love me for all my many faults! I looked at the pound, and I, along with my landlord, weren't pleased with the dogs there. My landlord, Amanda, gave me a website http://www.gemdoodle.com/ The breeder, Susan, breeds "goldendoodles" which are a cross between golden retriever and poodle. I went to her house and met my new best friend... Ellie! Although puppies are hard like babies, and expensive (goldendoodles are considered designer dogs), I fell in love and bought her! Ellie has been with her new "mom" for three weeks now. We are loving going for morning walks, playing tug-o-war, chase, and cuddling! I have had some negative remarks from people regarding my break-up with Joe and then buying a dog, but Ellie is the best thing that has happened to me in the last 5 weeks!

Tug -O-War


Ellie <3 href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhgzyNYtIyfTxdSzGMLlGBc0HHijN8lGc5Y8H-6e6HFmOLgiVCNXtb0bI1eT15QKZ6xZkjJOeZbSKNDRUSeesHQXlmRbQar50DArchydgiza8OZ2pECiT305vg7ifEOgwO-cXF2znJ0UinN/s1600/PA312806.JPG"> Sleeping on mommy


Ellie asleep after her first bath


Such a pretty lady



Me and my girl!

I love seeing this every morning!


Ellie's puppy picture from Susan
ps-- any good advice on puppy/raising MUCH WELCOMED!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!! Can't wait to meet her! Love and miss you! Mom

Beth said...

She is one of the cutest puppies I've seen in a long time Jamie! Puppies are great, and yes a lot of work, but worth it. I'm glad she is making her mommy happy.

tiffany jeanne said...

I cannot WAIT to see her next week! (and you too, of course)

Not sure why you aren't moving to the top of my list...sometimes it doesn't update when people post new things on their blogs...it really bothers me.

anyway, loves to you and my little puppy neice!!

xoxo

Molly Marisa said...

I'm so in love with Ellie! She is just adorable :( (Sad face cause I just want to cuddle up with her!). How fun for you! We have a golden retriever and a springer spaniel (my parents do). Dogs are the best. I get my daily puppy fix from www.dailypuppy.com

Cara Grube :) said...

Super cute, Jamie! Glad she puts a smile on your face :)

And I was wondering the same thing about the blogging...it doesn't show updated on mine either. Rude.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet puppy! Love the name too. My #1 and #2 bits of advice are...never ever start feeding her people food especially from the table. It makes beggars out of them and isn't good for them. And we always took Tom's old socks (long) and tied knots into them to use a tug toys. Our dogs always used those to chew on and NOT our stuff. Good luck. They are such companions! Love, Kathie

Jamie said...

Thanks for the advice Kathie! Ellie loves socks and underware. I went out and bought TONS of toys but she chooses mom's undergarments instead! They are so much fun!!