Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tomatoes!

Instead of Gerber Daisies this year for Mother's Day, I bought my mom and I a tomato plant. It has been fun calling each other and updating on the process. I am happy to say that recently I was able to harvest 4 tomatoes from my plant and eat them on a salad. I average about 5 tomatoes per day now. And I swear that things just taste better home grown!

Our Tomato Plants just after planting
My tomato plant now... kinda ghetto and sad looking

My first pickings!

Yummy salad!


4 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

that salad looks SO GOOD! (I didn't eat yet today...starving!!!!)

Erin Leigh said...

That salad does look amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!! All i have is little green tomatoes!! But i will eat yours in 10 days! Save me some!! Love and miss you mom

Anonymous said...

YiPeeeee!!! I have two red tomatoes and i am going to eat one tomorrow!!! See you in 5 days!!!! mom