Thursday, July 30, 2009

A great weekend!

Last Wednesday, Joe and I took off for Western Washington to go and spend some time with my family and for my cousin Katherine's wedding. We stopped at McNairy Dam on the way across the Columbia River. Joe's grandpa was an engineer when the damn was built during the days of President Eisenhower. We went to the fish viewing room and saw fish trying to swim upstream to get over the dam. The dam is an incredible source of energy and attempts to save the salmon migration system.
Joe and I stayed at Tiff and Kory's. Mom had a house full of cousins, aunts/uncles, and grandparents. I was happy we stayed there because I got to babysit and spend some great quality time with Avery and Jackson.
Saturday morning, as stated in my previous post, was the dreaded Praxis Exam. It was LONG and STRENUOUS! My brain felt physically fried when it was over. I took the PE first and Health second. I feel better about the PE test, as I was awake and had just eaten. But with Health, there were some harder questions than I expected and lets just say, I am praying for a passing score on each.
I rushed back to Tiff's after the test and for ready for the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. I absolutely loved seeing and spending time with my "out of town" family.
Sunday was spent at mom and dad's for a BBQ. Avery was the "bell of the ball" playing in her pool and tackling everyone when she was wet!
Now I am back in Idaho, feeling somewhat depressed about leaving my family. I hate leaving them. But this is where God wants me to be right now so I am just putting my faith in Him, and pursuing His plan for me.

Joe and I on top of McNairy Damn
This is what Avery and I look like in the mornings "rag-a-muffins"

Taking a walk to the park

Drooly Guss

Avery still enjoys her jump-a-roo

I love my sisters

My Joe and I overlooking Seattle

Kellett/Newgard girls with Papa Jim

Candle Light

Cutest little girl reading at her table

1 comment:

tiffany jeanne said...

GREAT pix, Jamie! It was so fun having you home! I love you and pray for you everyday...you're doing great and I'm sooo proud of you!

xoxo