Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Memorable Day

Back in 2006, Tiffany and Kory were visiting me in Idaho and we were out downtown Boise with some friends at a bar called "Humping Hannah's". I told Kory about a tattoo that I had been thinking about that represented our fourth sister Alyssa. Alyssa, although we never met, holds a big spot in my heart as I was born two weeks late on her birthday after her passing. Tiffany, overhearing my idea, expressed her want in the same tattoo. Four years later, after Krista finally became of age, two pregnancies from Tiffany that don't suggest getting tattoos while gestating, and different ideas and body places discussions, Tiffany, Krista, and I ventured down to Action Tattoo in Auburn, Washington during this years Thanksgiving Break and got our tattoos dedicated to our special sister in Heaven, Alyssa Ruth.
There is something about sharing such a sacred and memorable moment with sisters. Cheesy as it may sound, a bond between sisters is unbreakable and powerful. I am so thankful for this experience that I shared with Tiffany and Krista.
We decided on our right wrists for the tattoo. All three are identical. The three of us liked how the wings look at rest and how they are shaped in a heart.

I went first. Krista and I both said the same thing to Eric, the tattoo artist, "Sorry my hands are sweating, I am a little nervous." It didn't hurt too much, just felt like someone running a knife over your skin. Today, the day after, it feels like a burn from a curling iron.

<3>

3 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

1st of all- welcome back to the blog world:) i love reading your posts and 2nd of all- what an awesome way to show show remembrance. Sister's are super special and there wasn't anything cheesey about this post!

tiffany jeanne said...

I'm so happy you dusted off the old keyboard and blogged. I had a GREAT day with you the day we got the tattoos. And thank you for treating us to the movie. Love you sis and am really looking forward to Christmas break with you!!

xoxox

Unknown said...

Buy the Proper Sources. If you wish to help to create plenty of silver within Diablo 3, diablo 3 silver,you will have to have the best equipment to help you accomplish this. Often you'll be able to get lucky and obtain an outstanding reduce through competitors which often components a individual outstanding equipment, nevertheless most of the interval,

Buy WOW Gold  RS Gold  Buy Diablo 3 Gold