Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day spent laboring away!

Well the World's Worst Blogger is back! Maybe I will change my blog name to that. Here is how summer ended for me. Joe and I really got into fishing and went to the Snake River a lot to try and catch some bass. I am not the biggest fan of river fishing because I snagged constantly. I like to let my bait sit in the water and soak. The river (since it moves... duh) doesn't let me do that.

We took a trip up to cascade where we saw an awesome lightening storm, a forest fire, caught some more fish, and rode the 4-Wheelers around. Soccer pre-season started up full swing after that.

Soccer is going really well. My team is 2-3 overall, and 1-3 in league play. Last year they didn't win ANY games, this year we have won two. One of those being a league game which they haven't won in over three years. Last year they scored only 2 goals, we have surpassed that by scoring 11 so far. I am really proud of my girls. Here is a link to the Idaho Press Tribune that the sports reporter wrote: http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-09-02-Girls-Soccer-Five-Storylines-to-watch-this-season

Mom came and visited me for 6 days. We had a BLAST! We went and saw Harry Potter 6 in 3D at the IMAX. We also saw Julie and Julia. We shopped, drank coffee and caught up, and put together my new desk. Thanks so much for coming Mom! I miss you!

School (for my MAT) has started up again. So on top of teaching full time, coaching full time, I am now a full time grad student. Thus, I am about to spend my Labor Day off, laboring away on work samples, homework, and lesson planning. Oh well... God has TRULY blessed me in placing me at Nampa High.

Pop Corn with LOTS of butter, cherry coke, and very fashionable 3d glasses!

First fish of the season, a teeny, tiny bass
ps-- for all you animal lovers, he was released back into the Snake River after we kissed!

Goofing around with mom <3
Loved having you here mom!

Joe and I celebrated our one year anniversary of dating. We went to Barbacoa (an AMAZING restaurant) and watched a lightening storm at Lucky Peak Lake. He gave me chocolates from Sees Candy, and really pretty silver hoop earrings.

4 comments:

tiffany jeanne said...

very cute post, jamers! I miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I can't wait for you to be back in town for Jackson's baby dedication.

Love you!

PS You are so darn cute in all those pics, especially the one kissing a fish!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I agree with your sister. You are so darn cute in all those pics it makes me smile :)

hugs and kisses

Erin Leigh said...

Happy Anny!!!
PS I think you're cute too!

Molly Marisa said...

It was so nice to run into you this weekend!! Good luck with soccer. PS I LOVE Barbacoa! :)